Updates of public vacancies available for Cameroon.
Please help, help Cameroon, share the word.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Yaounde, US Embassy Jobs - Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician
JOB & BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician
Open to: All Interested Candidates Position: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician FSN-4; FP-AA Opening date: April 10, 2012 Closing date: April 24, 2012 Work hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Note: All “NOT ordinarily resident” applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U. S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking an individual for the position ofHVAC Technician.
Basic Function of Position Incumbent is a journeyman HVAC Technician responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers and air handlers. Incumbent is also responsible for the entire chilled water system, pumps, motors, piping associated with these systems, controls, compressors, fans, sensors, VAVS, filter packages, including the complete Building Automation System.
Qualifications Required Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of Elementary school plus four years HVAC studies/training (equivalent of CAP) in a technical or vocational school or any accredited institution is required.
2. Experience: At least two years of journeyman HVAC Technician work experience in a large local institution or international organization is required.
3. Language: Level II (Basic Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Understanding/ Speaking French are required and will be tested.
4. Job Knowledge: Must have full journeyman knowledge of established practices and procedures of the HVAC trade. Must understand how to install and repair all HVAC equipment. Must have basic knowledge of Mathematics and other crafts such as masonry and electricity. Job knowledge will be tested.
5. Skills/Abilities: Must be able to read sketches and blue prints and instruction manuals for all HVAC tools. Must be able to use all tools of the trade such as tubing benders, power tools and welding equipment. Skills and abilities will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Human Resources Office P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé Cameroon Via email at: email@example.com (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line) POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006 FAX: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: April 24, 2012
The U.S. Mission in Cameroon provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.