Senior Mail Clerk
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Senior Mail Clerk, FSN-4; FP-AA*
Opening date: February 15, 2011
Closing date: March 1 2011
Work hours: Full time; 40 hours /week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U. S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking an individual for the position of Senior Mail Clerk.
Basic function of position:
Under the direct supervision of the Information Management Specialist incumbent is responsible for the unclassified mail and pouch operations of a central mailroom serving the embassy and associated agencies. Handles incoming and outgoing unclassified diplomatic pouch shipments. Works closely with embassy shipping and motor pool personnel to arrange for pickup and delivery of pouch mail at the local airport. Notifies embassy personnel of delays in receiving or shipping mail and packages. Delivers and picks up mail at the central post office. Maintains a statistical record of all out going mail packages sent through the express mail couriers, to properly assess each section's percentage of usage for budget purposes. Provides work guidance to the junior mail clerk.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact telephone No.: 2220-1500, Ext: 4006.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of high school/secondary school or equivalent diploma is required
2. Experience: Two years of mail handling or clerical experience is required. At least one year of this experience must have been in an International Organization.
3. Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Writing/Speaking/Reading English and Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading French are required and will be tested.
4. Knowledge: Must have a working knowledge of the Cameroonian and international postal systems to include UPS, DHL, FedEx.
5. Skills/Abilities: Must be computer literate with ability to intermediate typing skills (35 WPM). Must have intermediate skills in MS Office to include Word, Access, Excel and Outlook.
6. Interpersonal Skills: Must have good interpersonal skills.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817,
U.S. Embassy Yaoundé
Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT:
Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006
FAX: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: March 1, 2011
The U.S. Mission in Cameroon provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.