Open to: All Interested Candidates Position:Information Systems Manager, FSN-10; FP-5 Opening date:October 14, 2011 Closing date: October 28, 2011 Work hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Note: all “not ordinarily resident” applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The U. S. Embassy in Yaoundé is seeking an individual for the position of Information Systems Manager for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC/GAP) Office located in Mutengene, South West Region of Cameroon.
Basic Function of Position Incumbent is responsible for the highly sensitive Information System that is interconnected to the CDC enterprise network, which has a significant impact on the information security of CDC's global network infrastructure. As the technical manager for the Information Technology (IT) services management and support oversight at the CDC Cameroon Country Offices, the job holder provides advice and guidance on IT management and support services to the Country Director and the CDC Senior Management team, and develops plans for the maintenance and replacement of IT software and equipment as technology advances. Incumbent is responsible for the integrity and security of all IT equipment, software and data systems; monitors IT resources usage to ensure compliance with U.S. Government IT policies, reviews server system performance for management implications, ensures effective support services by contractors and assists in the formulation of IT operating budgets. Incumbent serves as the liaison between CDC Cameroon and counterparts at the CDC HQ IT Services Organization. The incumbent also provides technical coordination and assistance to the Ministry of Health and PEPFAR Implementing Partners.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Please contact the Embassy at 2220-1500, Ext. 4006 if you need one.
Qualifications RequiredNote: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: A bachelor degree in computer sciences, information systems management, or related discipline is required. In addition, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification, Network+ and Security+ certifications are required.
2. Experience: A minimum of 8 years experience managing information systems with Windows Operating Systems and platforms and Cisco switching and routing including experience managing and maintaining a LAN, experience with security and firewall maintenance, installation and support of database servers such as MS-SQL. The 8 years must include a minimum of 1 year experience in the installation, management, optimal usage, configuration and security of hardware and software.
3. Language: Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading French are required and will be tested.
4. Job Knowledge: The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of: computer equipment operations management; hardware and software technology and functionality of relevant applications in support of systems maintenance and operations; technical aspects of systems analysis, telecommunications, and management advisory services; systems analysis and design techniques. Job knowledge will be tested.
5. Skills/Abilities: Incumbent must demonstrate excellent analytical skills with the ability to fully comprehend program goals and objectives, evaluate effective alternatives, and implement strategies for meeting the needs of a large and complex organization. Must be able to make sound and independent judgments on the most appropriate IT and communications systems to meet program and partner needs. The position requires strong leadership and problem-solving skills, and the incumbent must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external staff at all levels. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and be able to explain complex computer and automation concepts.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Locally Employed Staff security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) available online or at the Embassy; or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same informationfound on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: Human Resources Office P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaoundé Cameroon Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please, indicate the title of the position on the “Subject:” line)
POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 2220-1500, Ext 4006 FAX: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: October 28, 2011
The U.S. Mission in Cameroon provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.